Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Creativity philosophy

1/ My creative philosophy: Communication, Relationship, Love. (Exchange of ideas, among equals, in the spirit of service).

2/ Content, technique, presentation. If one is lacking, the other two suffer.

3/ My goal was to become a Content Creator. And that content to come from what was already in me.

4/ So I began to explore what was in me: my interests, projects I enjoyed, repeated day-dreams. To find what I needed to create.

5/ What I found was that I had so much inside me to create from.

6/ I began to take notice of my random thoughts. I would say to myself, "what have I been thinking about"? The answer was always interesting.

7/ Inside, we aren't as passive as we think we are. Our inner world is buzzing with activity.

8/ Creative people can find some of their most personally meaningful ideas from this inner world.

9/ This inner world in known as the subconscious. It's like a lake. The surface is what you are learning now.

10/Under the surface is what you have learnt to do without much conscious thought. Like walking.

11/ Now, our ideas are like fish in that subconscious lake. We can bring them to the surface again if we look for them.

12/ See your self as a lake of ideas, not a ocean, because you are a unique identity. You're not part of an impersonal mass.

13/ Creativity is all about connections. Connecting thought, ideas, objects, people. It's not a 'force'. It not about an impersonal universe.

14/ The potential of a creative person is found in what is unique about you.

15/ And then to express your unique identity in creative ways.

---------------------

Kids grow best with some limits. Also people can be more creative with some limits.

The best philosophy encourages unity of purpose by encouraging many unique talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment